If you are diagnosed with dementia you may be entitled to benefits. If someone is caring for you they may also be entitled to some benefits. In all cases these would need to be applied for.
Guidance on applying for benefits is part of Post Diagnostic Support.
Support organisations who can help with benefits applications
Citizens Advice Bureau
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) – National advice service giving free, confidential information and advice to help people with money, legal, consumer and other problems.
Telephone: 0808 800 9060
Local CAB offices:
- South West Aberdeenshire CAB – telephone: 01224 747714
- Turriff CAB – telephone: 01888 562495
- Kincardine and Mearns CAB – telephone: 01569 766578
- Banff and Buchan CAB – telephone: 01779 471515
Gordon Rural Action
Gordon Rural Action – A local registered charity that provides free, confidential, impartial and independent advice on benefits, debt, housing, employment and consumer problems.
- Huntly Advice Centre – telephone: 01466 793676
- Inverurie Advice Centre – telephone: 01467 624421
- Ellon Advice Centre – telephone: 01358 724425
Alzheimer Scotland Dementia Advisors
The Alzheimer Scotland Dementia Advisors can also provide information and advice on benefit applications.